Plans and outlook
The Far Eastern Shipbuilding and Ship Repair Center plans to focus its energy on the increase of local sourcing and delivering a competitive edge to Russia to advance in the world shipbuilding market.
The company begins to evolve into a single center for the placement of orders with respect to the contractor selection and contract services for the offshore platform design and construction in line with the Russian President’s assignment. FESRC will have to morph from a regional company managing the shipbuilding and repair facilities into a world class corporation collaborating closely with the industry’s top players.
Consolidated contracts for marine vessel construction awarded by FESRC as a single source will further strengthen its ability to
- Create opportunities for FESRC to cultivate competencies in cutting-edge shipbuilding technologies and develop its own engineering
- Domestically construct the marine vessels including marine generator sets, navigation equipment, and cargo containment systems on more advantageous terms
- Enforce the fulfillment of offset obligations
A key focus for FESRC today is to establish a shipbuilding business cluster in the Russian Far East and implement the Zvezda Shipbuilding Complex anchor project as tasked by the Russian President.
Meanwhile, the repair, maintenance, and retrofit of the Pacific Fleet warships remains FESRC’s absolute priority; to that end, the company.
- Established the Dalzavod Ship Repair Center in Vladivostok by merging the facilities of the 178th Ship Repair Yard, Dalzavod, and the 92nd Ship Repair Yard
- Is actively upgrading the Zvezda Yard in Bolshoi Kamen
- Is reconstructing the North-Eastern Ship Repair Center in Viluchinsk and upgrading its equipment
The Far Eastern Shipbuilding and Ship Repair Center prioritizes efforts for gaining and leveraging yard management expertise and streamlining communication processes between its companies.
In the near future the company plans to ramp up the volumes of production, bring in more orders and partners, create new jobs and increase the efficiency of management.