The history of Far Eastern Shipbuilding and Shiprepairing Center, entering the composition of USC, started in 2009. During that period, center achieved success and made progress in laying a solid foundation to realize the global projects of continental shelf development.
– March 31, 2009 – the process of formation of Far Eastern shipbuilding and shiprepairing center as a sub-holding of United Shipbuilding Corporation was completed.
– October 8, 2009 – the board of directors of JSC «Far Eastern Shipbuilding and Shiprepairing Center» approved the development concept of companies integrated into the structure of JSC «FESSC».
– November 18, 2009 – meeting regarding the realization of Russian shipbuilding development projects within the business trip of Vice - Chairman of RF Government – Sechin I.I. was held under his leadership. The day before the meeting, solemn ceremonies were conducted and foundation laying acts were signed:
- For shipbuilding complex in Bolshoi Kamen’, Primorskiy region between Far Eastern shipbuilding center (FESSC) and Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering Co. Ltd (DSME). The shipyard will produce modern vessels (tankers, gas carrier with membrane and technologies for liquefied gas transportation, floating plants for liquefied natural gas production and etc.);
- For Shipbuilding complex in Chajma bay, Primorskiy region between FESSC and Yantai Raffles Shipyard Co. Ltd (YRS). New shipyard will produce the newest drilling platforms and marine equipment for shelf development.
Some members of RF Government headed by the Vice-Chairman of RF Government – Sechin I.I, Deputy Plenipotentiary Representative of RF President in the Far Eastern Federal District– Syrkin V.I., the Governor of Primorskiy region – Dar’kin S.M., the Governor of Khabarovsk – Shport V.I., acting President of USC – Trotsenko R.V., DSME official delegations (Republic of Korea) headed by the President of the company – Mr. Nam Sang Tae and YRS (Singapore) headed by the acting President – Mr. Brian Chang as well as the heads of Major Russian and International companies «Lukoil», «Gazprom», «Surgutneftegas», «OC «Posneft’», «АК Тransneft’», «ТNК-VR Holding», «Sovkomflot», «Novatek» and Vneshekonombank took part in the visiting meeting.
– October 14, 2009 – in Singapore, October 25, 2009 - in Vladivostok – formation of joint venture companies (Russian-Singaporean and Russian-Korean) has started to realize the above mentioned projects.
– 28 December 2009 - ceremony of floating semisubmersible drilling rig’s laying was held on the basis of JSC FES «ZVEZDA» in Bol’shoi Kamen’. This solemn event was attended by the Chairman of RF Government – Putin V.V., Deputy Plenipotentiary Representative of RF President in the Far Eastern Federal District – Ishaev V.I., the Governor of Primorskiy region – Dar’kin S.M., the President of JSC «OC» Rosneft’» - Bogdanchikov S.M., acting President of JSC «United Shipbuilding Corporation» (USC) – Trotsenko R.V. Later in the day, a number of important documents were signed during the meeting regarding the development of shipbuilding industry in Vladivostok