- Coordinating the operation of the FESRC controlled companies with regard to the government contracts for the Pacific Fleet ships repair, retrofit, and maintenance
- Creating the shipbuilding industry cluster in the Russian Far East
- Implementation of the pilot project within the cluster - Establishment of the Zvezda Shipbuilding Complex
- Executing a number of commercial ship construction projects
- Boosting management efficiency and creating new jobs and an employee training system
- Delivering efforts for developing shipbuilding and ship repair in the Far Eastern Federal District
Following the September 2013 meeting themed “Domestic Commercial Shipbuilding Outlook”, the Russian President tasked the government to form a shipbuilding industry cluster in the Far East to produce ships and offshore structures and machinery, with FESRC at its core (Assignment Pr-2236, September 24, 2013).
To encourage the development of shipbuilding in the Far East and increase efficiency in the continental shelf development in Russia’s Far East and Arctic regions Vladimir Putin, Russian Federation President, Decree 524 on the Shipbuilding Development in the Far East was signed into effect.
Russian Government Instruction 1804-r, September 12, 2014, is also aimed at improving the competitiveness and investment appeal of the national shipbuilding in the Far Eastern region.
FESRC INVESTMENT PROJECTS ARE IMPLEMENTED WITHIN THE FOLLOWING ONGOING PROGRAMS AND STRATEGIES:
- Government Program “Growth of Shipbuilding and Offshore Fabrication to Develop the Continental Shelf Fields”
- Government Program “Development of the Russian Military-Industrial Complex”
- Russian Federation Maritime Doctrine
- Shipbuilding Sector Development Strategies up to 2020 and Beyond
- Federal Target Program “Development of Commercial Ships and Offshore Structures”
- Federal Target Program “Nuclear and Radiation Safety”
- Strategy for the Far East and Baikal Region Socioeconomic Development up to 2025
- Government Decrees and other regulations on the restructuring and development of the shipbuilding sector
- Managing the operation of FESRC subsidiaries and affiliates with regard to the government contracts for the Pacific Fleet ships repair, retrofit, and maintenance