- Implementing efforts for the shipbuilding and ship repair development in the Far Eastern Federal District
- Creating the shipbuilding business cluster in the Russian Far East
- Implementation of the pilot project of the cluster, - Establishment of the Zvezda Shipbuilding Complex
- Executing a number of commercial ship construction projects
- Emerging as a single center for the placement of orders for offshore ships and platforms for the Arctic oil and gas fields development
- Managing the operation of FESRC subsidiaries and affiliates with regard to the government contracts to repair, upgrade and maintain the ships of the Pacific Fleet
- Improving management efficiency, creating more jobs, and developing an employee training system
Following the September 2013 meeting themed “Domestic Commercial Shipbuilding Outlook”, the Russian President tasked the government to form a shipbuilding business cluster in the Far East to produce marine vessels and machinery, with FESRC at its core (Assignment Pr-2236, September 24, 2013).
The Russian President proposed augmenting the authority and role of the Far Eastern Shipbuilding and Ship Repair Center in June 2014. FESRC is planned to become the general customer for marine vessels and offshore structures for the Russian Arctic development and to drive the increase of the local content in the construction of ships in the territory of the Russian Federation.
On July 21, 2014, Vladimir Putin signed Decree 524 on the Shipbuilding Development in the Far East encouraging the development of shipbuilding in the Far East and aiming for the increase of efficiency in the continental shelf development in Russia’s Far East and Arctic regions.
Russian Government Instruction 1804-r, September 12, 2014, is also aimed at improving the competitiveness and investment appeal of the national shipbuilding in the Far Eastern region.
FESRC investment projects are implemented within the following ongoing programs and strategies:
- Government Program “Development of Shipbuilding in 2013-2030” (as approved by Russian Government Instruction 2514-r, December 24, 2012)
- Russian Federation Policy Principles to Develop Military-Industrial Complex up to 2010 and beyond
- Russian Federation Maritime Doctrine (as approved by the Russian President, July 27, 2001)
- Shipbuilding Sector Development Strategies up to 2020 and Beyond (as approved by Order 354 of the Minpromenergo of Russia, September 6, 2007)
- Federal Target Program “Development of the Russian Military-Industrial Complex in 2007-2010, and up to 2015
- Federal Target Program “Development of Commercial Marine Equipment in 2009-2016 (as approved by Russian Government Decree 103, February 21, 2008)
- Strategy for the Far East and Baikal Region Socioeconomic Development up to 2025 (as approved by Russian Government Decree 2094-r, December 28, 2009)
- Government Decrees and other regulations on the reforming and development of the shipbuilding sector